August 29, 2023Share:
Tax return and payment filing deadlines are quickly approaching.
This year is unique with tax filing and payment disaster relief announced by the IRS and Alabama Department of Revenue in February for Mobile County and affected taxpayers. Check out additional details here.
Typically, 2022 tax returns for Partnerships and S corporations are due September 15th. Third quarter estimated income tax payments for individuals, corporations, and pass-though entities are typically due on this date as well.
If you reside in Mobile County or were otherwise granted disaster relief, the following Federal and Alabama tax returns and payments may be due Monday October 16th:
- 2022 Partnership and S Corporations returns
- 2022 Individual and Corporate income tax returns, and any payments associated with the 2022 tax year
- 2023 Quarter 1, Quarter 2, and Quarter 3 Estimated tax payments for Individuals and Corporations
- Quarterly payroll and excise tax returns normally due on January 31, April 30, and July 31
- 2022 Tax Returns for Tax-Exempt Organizations
- 2022 Alabama Pass-Through Entity tax payments for entities
- 2023 Quarter 1, Quarter 2, and Quarter 3 Estimated tax payments for pass-through entities
Also, residents in Mobile County or other affected taxpayers have until October 16th to make 2022 contributions to their IRAs and health savings accounts.
If you have any questions on your tax filing or payment requirements, please reach out to your Wilkins Miller advisor.