Industries / Real Estate
Trusted Guidance in an Ever-Evolving Market.
Wilkins Miller provides trusted advice on how to approach the real estate market from all positions – whether you are the buyer, seller or investor. We assess the current market from every angle and ensure that clients are aware of all opportunities and risks at hand, and are correctly positioned to take advantage of all available opportunities. We’ve repeatedly built value for our clients by providing audit, tax and consulting services.
Our industry experience in real estate is vast and of great variety. For over four decades members of our team have worked with clients from the pre-formation period through the successful completion of many real estate projects from residential development, regional shopping malls and centers made up of large anchor tenants.
How our services are applied to real estate
- Tax returns and assessments for entities holding commercial rental real estate, certain family held real estate and other
- Advisement on the selection of entities
- Transactional structuring advising to include tax-free exchange transaction planning (Section 1031)
- Advisement on transactional assistance and various other areas
- Provide assurance services when needed in areas such as, HUD projects, requiring audited financial reporting or in the agreed upon procedures engagement areas to review transactions and controls
- Check for industry compliance matters in the area of escrow account maintenance
- Performance of valuations of real estate entities and interests held in real estate entities
- We create financial models that can be used to develop a 10 year forecast on an individual project and consolidated level
- Our team assists in underwriting potential real estate deals whether they are acquisitions, redeployment, or ground up, as well as tenant credit
- Assist with monthly financial statements, check writing, account reconciliation, payroll and sales tax filings. Our team can serve as your back office without having to take on unnecessary costs.
- Serve as an interim CFO or other supporting accounting personnel for staff transition within an organization.
- Our group works with clients to integrate their value of business into the overall business portfolio from a holistic view
- We manage investments of the company’s retirement systems
Our partnership with Wilkins Miller has been a large part of our success. They study our practice and report on ways to continually improve. We think it’s important to invest in staying fresh and cutting edge, and we look to their team to help.
– Matt White
Wilkins Miller has played a key role in some pivotal transactions for our company that helped put us in the position we are today. It’s not just about the accounting elements, they have a business component to their advice which allows them to be an extension of our management team on major decisions for our business.
– Philip Burton
We look to Wilkins Miller’s team for advice because of their understanding of our business and expertise in our industry. They constantly help us navigate through complex issues to help drive our business decisions.
– Marl Cummings IV
While Wilkins Miller is a bigger firm, it doesn’t have that feel. We don’t get lost in the shuffle and we’ve always felt like the team is attentive to our needs. They go out of their way to do the research, answer our questions and explain our options.
– Holli Parks
The team at Wilkins Miller is always available to answer all of our questions and give us the immediate attention needed to get the job done. We are consistently impressed with their knowledge, professionalism and work ethic.
– Richard Inge