Industries / Professional Services
Keeping your business at peak performance should be the norm.
We are familiar with the financial and operational challenges our clients’ businesses face from law, engineering and architecture firms to medical and consulting groups. We also know the importance of serving our clients as a trusted partner, so you can focus on your business. From financial assurance, tax and consulting, our team is ready to take your business to the next level of success.
How our services are applied to professional services
- Assist with monthly financial statements, check writing, account reconciliation, payroll and sales tax filings. Our team can serve as your back office without having to take on unnecessary costs.
- QuickBooks software support and evaluation of revenue per partner
- Allocation of revenue per partner or physician
- Serve as an interim CFO or other supporting accounting personnel for staff transition within an organization.
- Personnel consulting and assistance –we are often a resource for employment or hiring needs. We can assist in the search, interviewing, and hiring process.
- Audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements for specialized professional services such as engineering and architectural firms, medical and dental practices, and consulting and law firms
- Specialized overhead calculations and audits for Architecture and Engineering firms and related reporting under Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 31 in accordance with the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Audit and Accounting Guide.
- Help you understand the value of your businesses
- Perform due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Assist in planning for the transition of ownership to the next generation through sale or estate planning
- Assistance bringing in additional owners or partners
• Preparation, planning and assistance with federal, state and local income, franchise, payroll and sales tax
• Audits of retirement plans and preparation of related tax filings
• Compliance with tax reporting for health and welfare plans
• Retirement plan asset management and advisory services
• Estate and gift planning and general wealth management services for firms and the individual owners
Wilkins Miller makes a difference for me and my company. Their team is trustworthy and truly care about their clients. We rely on them to guide us both personally and professionally for accounting and financial advice.
– Chuck Knight
The Wilkins Miller team has a level of integrity, ease of communication and knowledge that I haven’t experienced with any other firm. We utilize both the accounting and wealth management services, and appreciate the convenience and continuity that goes along with it. I’ve worked with them since opening my solo practice and it was one of the best decisions I’ve made.
– Dr. Kevin Pickett
Wilkins Miller has worked closely with our office for years and has worked to ensure they understand our people and business. If you want a firm that does everything correctly, keeps you out of trouble and can answer all of your complicated questions, Wilkins Miller is the place to go.
– Stephen Zito