Industries / Healthcare
We help you focus on the patient more than the practice.
Running a medical practice today presents constant challenges from rising costs, to declining reimbursement, to the new sweeping reform legislation. These complex issues require comprehensive solutions. Our Medical Practice Consulting Group is here to provide them.
We are experienced in serving physician practices including small, one office practices to multi-office, multi-physician practices. Our established team of professionals is ready to help you in the areas of accounting, tax compliance and financial reporting to the areas of consulting, governance and structure, business valuation, electronic health records and more.
How our services are applied to healthcare
- Assist with monthly financial statements, check writing, account reconciliation, payroll and sales tax filings. Our team can serve as your back office without having to take on unnecessary costs.
- QuickBooks software support and evaluation of revenue per partner
- Allocation of revenue per partner or physician
- Serve as an interim CFO or other supporting accounting personnel for staff transition within an organization.
- Personnel consulting and assistance –we are often a resource for employment or hiring needs. We can assist in the search, interviewing, and hiring process.
• Audit, reviews & compilations of financial statements for professional services firms such as engineering and architectural firms, medical and dental practices, and consulting and law firms
- Help you understand the value of your businesses
- Perform due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Assist in planning for the transition of ownership to the next generation through sale or estate planning
- Assistance bringing in additional owners or partners
• Preparation, planning and assistance with federal, state and local income, franchise, payroll and sales tax
• Audits of retirement plans and preparation of related tax filings
• Compliance with tax reporting for health and welfare plans
• Retirement plan asset management and advisory services
• Estate and gift planning and general wealth management services for firms and the individual owners
- Our IT department can manage the computer, phone and other technology needs, including the design and implementation of facility improvements in these areas (i.e. wiring, equipment procurement/setup/training).
Wilkins Miller does an excellent job of proactively approaching us with ideas and valuable insight. We could not be more pleased with the service and the professionalism of their staff in handling our requests. Our partnership allows us to focus on giving our patients the care and experience they deserve because we know Wilkins Miller is going to do their job.
– Doreen Harrison
Working with Wilkins Miller allows us to practice healthcare instead of accounting. We don’t have to worry, they are reliable, trustworthy and always willing to find an answer. Not only do we receive excellent service, we enjoy working with their personable staff.
– Darren Waters
The Wilkins Miller team has a level of integrity, ease of communication and knowledge that I haven’t experienced with any other firm. We utilize both the accounting and wealth management services, and appreciate the convenience and continuity that goes along with it; they are the total package. I’ve worked with them since opening my solo practice and it was one of the best decisions I’ve made.
– Dr. Kevin Pickett
Working with Wilkins Miller has been a breath of fresh air. We have more time to focus on our patients and think about the future of the practice. Our partnership with Wilkins Miller gives us confidence that we are making decisions for our employees and our patients with accurate financials. The expertise and professionalism of the Wilkins Miller staff was recognizable from the moment we met.
– Janie Johnson - Urology and Oncology Specialists